Suresh's BLOGS

With COVID 19 around : 80% of the World Population are Pessimistic and the remaining 20% are Optimistic, and these are the ones who will emerge as LEADERS!

Published: Apr 2nd, 2020 04:24 amBy Suresh Babu

The GLOBAL Economy faces its biggest danger since the financial crisis. Containing the epidemic and protecting people is the priority.

The way the much-awaited Year 2020 started and the experience we had during the first 90 days of 2020, leaves us with certainty that everything is uncertain and this is the time for one to emerge as a leader.

80% of the world population is pessimistic on outlook of future and the remaining 20% will emerge as leaders in this decade, 2020 – 2029. Being optimistic & positive, will not be enough, as one must be SMART enough to take stock of situation and also be ready to take calculated risk now and in days to come.

I am sure, each one of you will agree that last 2 weeks were horrible, to say the least world wide and let’s look at what US President, Donald Trump has got to say about next 2 weeks, starting today 1st April’2020 till 15th April’2020.

President Donald Trump prepared Americans for a coming surge in coronavirus cases, calling COVID-19 a plague and saying the U.S. is facing a “very, very painful two weeks.”

“This could be a hell of a bad two weeks. This is going to be a very bad two, and maybe three weeks. This is going to be three weeks like we’ve never seen before,” Trump said at a White House press conference Tuesday. White House officials are projecting between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths in the U.S.

A global, novel virus that keeps us contained in our homes—maybe for months—is already reorienting our relationship to government, to the outside world, even to each other. Some changes these experts expect to see in the coming months or years might feel unfamiliar or unsettling: Will nations stay closed? Will touch become taboo? What will become of restaurants?

But crisis moments also present opportunity: more sophisticated and flexible use of technology, less polarization, a revived appreciation for the outdoors and life’s other simple pleasures. No one knows exactly what will come, but here is our best stab at a guide to the unknown ways that society—government, healthcare, the economy, our lifestyles and more—will change.


I would like to call your attention to this amazing piece of work done by Politico Magazine.

Politico Magazine surveyed more than 30 smart, macro thinkers this week, and they have some news for you: Buckle in. This could be bigger.

The coronavirus outbreak, which originated in China, has infected more than 550,000 people. Its spread has left businesses around the world counting costs.

·      Global shares take a hit

·      Big shifts in stock markets, where shares in companies are bought and sold, can affect many investments in pensions or individual savings accounts (ISAs).

·      The FTSE, Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Nikkei have all seen huge falls since the outbreak began on 31 December.

·      The Dow and the FTSE recently saw their biggest one-day declines since 1987.

Irrespective of the situation now, the key is to look back at past 100 years of history and understand the patter of come back. Good news is, the market bounced back every single time, however the time to bounce back varies depending on industry and market dynamics, however this time the impact was much more, global and indefinite thus we need to be ready with fingers crossed.

Suresh Babu S, Business Coach, Speaker and Trainer by Choice

Please visit and to know more